Walking For Health And Friendship

http://weight-loss3.blogspot.com

Many studies show that walking is good for your health, but sometimes it helps to get out of the "around the block" rut and into something more challenging and fun.

Long-distance walking events help get you in shape--and if you walk for a good cause, your stroll can raise funds for groups that need it. An added bonus: Walking as part of a team can increase the enjoyment, keep you focused and build great friendships.


But what is a walking team? In the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer, teams include two people or dozens-women and men, neighbors, colleagues, family, spouses or new acquaintances, from the same town or across the country-who share a commitment to taking personal steps (literally) in the fight against breast cancer.

One team that takes humor in stride is the "Back of the Pack Walkers." It consists of nearly 10 women who come together each year for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in Washington, D.C. They walk in memory of a friend, Robyn Cain, who lost her battle with breast cancer in 2004. Team Captain Candi Hoffman says that "after spending so much time together, training and at the Walk, I consider the girls on my team to be some of my closest friends."

"Team Maureen" is a fixture at the Avon Walk Chicago, with team members participating as walkers, volunteers and cheerleaders, all in bright green shirts. According to Donna Lahey, "Team Maureen" Walker Captain, the 2006 team has 64 members from age 1 to 81. The team is named for Maureen Buescher, who died of breast cancer in 2002. It includes family and friends who walk for their own health and the health of all women.

Mike McElduff has put a unique spin on the team concept by leading "Team Peggy's Spirit," named for his mother, at all eight Avon Walk events across the country from April to October. "Peggy's Spirit" includes McElduff's siblings, friends and solo walkers who are seeking camaraderie as they tackle the long walk.

10 comments:

  1. My doctor was so impressed with my 30 lb weight loss over the last 2 months, he asked me how I was doing it, and told him exactly what I do with, this weight loss program: http://the2weekdietnow.com/lose-weight
    and he said, 'Awesome way to do it!' I am so grateful and so happy. Thank you God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Helpful Article. This Is Really Useful And Nice Information.


    Health Care Product

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are interested to serve the best favorite foods diet
    for diet all time you can read this guide.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had make many resaerches in the internet for weight loss and nothing worked . Until I find the BEST weight loss pills! I did burn 62lbs ,as they saying, and I thing is the BEST Healthy Foodie weight loss program . You have to try it !!! The link :
    https://cutt.ly/LoseFatNowAndFast

    ReplyDelete
  5. As stated by Stanford Medical, It's really the one and ONLY reason this country's women live 10 years longer and weigh 19 kilos lighter than we do.

    (By the way, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret exercise and absolutely EVERYTHING to do with "HOW" they eat.)

    BTW, I said "HOW", not "what"...

    TAP on this link to discover if this easy quiz can help you release your real weight loss possibility

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I am so delighted I found your website, I really found you by error, while I was browsing on Askjeeve for something else, Anyhow I am here now and would just like to say kudos for a marvelous post and a all round entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to go through it all at the minute but I have book-marked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the awesome job.
    Male Enhancement Organic Pills

    ReplyDelete
  7. Celebrity Doctor’s ‘After Dinner Ritual’
    Melts 32,434 Pounds Across The U.S.
    OVERNIGHT!
    bit.ly/34oMPzy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thnx for sharing such helpful tips please keep sharing I m also making blog on weight loss tips please visit my blog and suggest me if any improvement
    visit here

    ReplyDelete